What is SED-ML?
Welcome to the home page of the Simulation Experiment Description Markup Language (SED-ML). SED-ML is an XML-based format for encoding simulation setups, to ensure exchangeability and reproducibility of simulation experiments. It follows the requirements defined in the MIASE guidelines.
The current version is SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 and covers the description of time course simulation experiments as well as repeated tasks and steady state experiments.
For further specification documents and proposals see the Specifications page.
- Lucian Smith elected as SED-ML editor
- Lucian Smith has been elected to replace Jonathan Cooper on the SED-ML editorial board.
- HARMONY 2016 to be held in Auckland, New Zealand
- Come along and join members of the SED-ML community and others from throughout the COMBINE network at HARMONY 2016 to be held June 7-11 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- David Nickerson and Brett Olivier elected as SED-ML Editors(2015-01-26)
- David Nickerson has been re-elected as SED-ML Editor. The community also elected Brett Olivier as new editor. Thanks again to Frank T. Bergmann and Dagmar Waltemath!
- Ion Moraru new SED-ML Editor (2014-01-18)
- We welcome Ion Moraru (University of Connecticut Health Center) as new SED-ML editor.
- Sven Sahle new SED-ML Editor (2014-01-04)
- We welcome Sven Sahle (BIOQUANT, University of Heidelberg) as new SED-ML editor. Three candidates tied for the second position. The vote for the remaining position is open until January 13, 2014.
The SED-ML community
SED-ML is a community project that is under continuous
development, currently exploring the extension of SED-ML to cover
more simulation experiment types.
The SED-ML community comprises simulation software developers and modelers from the different communities applying computational methods on biology, medicine, neuroscience etc. Several instruments guarantee the open discussion of the SED-ML language development:
- The official mailing list for the SED-ML project is sed-ml-discuss. The mailing list is free for everyone to join. It is the place where all issues regarding the SED-ML language are being discussed. Announcements of SED-ML related events and support issues are posted on SED-ML disucss. Requests for new SED-ML features should be made through the mailing list also. Another important function of the mailing list is the voting for SED-ML editors, as well as for SED-ML proposals. Subscription to the mailing list are always welcome.
- Sourceforge project site
- The SED-ML Sourceforge project site hosts all code related to the SED-ML language, including the SED-ML XML Schema, the SED-ML specification document, SED-ML feature requests and proposals for SED-ML extensions.
- SED-ML editors
- The SED-ML editors are being elected by the members of the sed-ml-discuss mailing list for a period of three years. SED-ML editors are responsible for hosting all material relevant to SED-ML, coordinating the SED-ML development, maintaining the SED-ML sourceforge website and the SED-ML specification document. The list of current and past SED-ML editors is being made available through the SED-ML web page.
- SED-ML meetings
- SED-ML is part of the COMBINE effort. The SED-ML community meets twice a year, at the annual COMBINE meeting and at the annual HARMONY meeting.